#11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-16-18, 11:02

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
Makes sense to me as "carbohydrate" is a non-essential nutrient. Why label it and make outlandish meaningless claims?

In a world of dieting that is completely focused on carbs, I'm curious how listing something as low carb is outlandish and meaningless. Net carb count is everything in Atkins, whether one considers carbs a non-essential nutrient or not, people are looking for the information.

I will patronize any business that caters to my low carb life. Make it easy for me to know the carbs in your food, and if it is low carb I'm likely to buy it.

So, on a web site focused on low carb, I cant understand why such data or labeling would be considered outlandish and meaningless. Non-essential or not, focusing on "low carb foods" has been successful weight loss for me.

Canada is weird with advertising. So are some other countries. I dated a British girl many moons ago and she could not believe ads in the U.S. were allowed to name their competition...like Advil saying "compared to Tylenol". Apparently, at least at the time, naming other products and comparing them to what you are advertising was a no-no.

The AMA is myopically focused on cholesterol and fatty foods, antithetical to Atkins low carbing except for some reason, so many people's blood numbers seem to improve eating low carb and high fat. My guess is they are more tied in to the pharmaceutical industry and push folks to being on poison statins...my opinion, but anything thats strips your natural CoQ10 and in my case, actually hurts, cant be good for you.

My opinion only, I know you delve in to deep technical studies, etc., so you are more versed in the details.