View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-18, 17:57

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Remember when he said he couldn't take it anymore and he wanted to quit, when he was in the gain phase? Well, his point of view was different than ours - we didn't intend to get to that point. For him, it was intentional and on purpose. For us, it's a powerless realization that we're all kinds of bad, however wrong this realization really is. He has not lived this.

The moment we stumbled on low-carb, the next moment we saw the facts, that's when we acquired a hint of the same power he believed he had. He did not live this. All this time, he always thought he was in total control, even though some doubt creeped in at times. For us, there's no point where we thought "this is it, I'm in full control of my weight, my health, my actions, etc". Until we discovered low-carb. He did not live this.

He did not go through this process of going from powerless to being empowered. In his brain, the thought of being empowered - of having the choice and the means - was always present. He did not learn what we go through, what we went through. He did not live this.