View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-29-18, 20:13

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%
Default HRT, Frustration/Depression, and UnSupportive Traditional Medicine Practitioners

Today was the long awaited GYN appt-- a very long month-long wait. I anticipated a smooth meeting, laying out my needs for HRT supplements and quickly arriving at the perfect solution, with a Cinderella -like ideal.

She wanted thyroid tests, and no estrogren, no progesterone. Runaround about testosterone--- her impression is I want to be a male weightlifter, not just a touch to get back to normal. THen ending with getting testosterone levels verified to bring up the level. Huh? THAT wwas a 180.

No support for bioidenticals--actually poo-poo'd the dosing. Like a perfect dosing of a synthetic is somehow more perfect the first try ......really? A woman's body is unique, and what the perfect dosing is, is based on how that woman feels. How is my body suddenly a machine, that requires exactly 2.o mg of X and will feel perfect. WTH?

With my latest effort to find a doctor or other appropriate medical professional that understands the bioidenticals, and basically told I am mentally off and in need of an SSRI , in which the getting off of was carefully noted as a side effect.... I firmly said NO. Why is that the go to? ANd not progesterone? I felt frustrated that how I as a patient want to run my life is not in alignment with these limited thinking doctors ........where is what I want.....

THis so felt like they dont know enough about HRT, just like the food pyramid is upside down, and the medical profession is doing a good job of hurting me more than helping me.

HOW DO I FIND A NATURAL DOCTOR that is not driven by big pharma? I tried my pharmacy, who makes the personalized HRT cream for individual patients.....

At the moment, Im on my own again on this journey to better health.

Glad I have the members of this LC forum for support. Lifts my spirits.

To prove to myself that I am NOT nuts:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zc84zjhywo
Sponsored Links