View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Apr-17-18, 18:00

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 190/160/135 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default How long before diet changes affect cholesterol test

Thanks, Meme#1, for the welcome! And thank you for providing the information. I'm pretty familiar with those points, but it was good to read about it again.

Ken, thank you for your detailed response! I checked out the link to your journal, and it was very interesting. Do I google to find out what the Feldman protocol is or is it located here on lowcarber.org? (Guess I can go look for myself, eh? lol)

I want cholesterol test results like you had in March 2017! First off, I want to squelch any mention of statins by the doc, and secondly, I want to ease my mind the way the Low-Carb Dietitician wanted to lower her CVD risk. I also read interesting information here:

http://bjjcaveman.com/2014/11/17/ke...omas-dayspring/

You probably know all about Thomas Dayspring already, but I read his main article and it struck me as common sense, as much as I wanted to ignore my numbers totally. It's particularly the LDL-P number which concerns me, at 2146!

I am keeping dairy down to a minimum (1.5 tablespoons of HWC total in my 3 cups of tea). Every morning i'm having steel-cut oats with almond milk and stevia. Somewhere I saw a comment that Dayspring is not keen on oats, but I haven't been able to find out why. Do you know?

Avocados are currently my friend. So are black beans and raw pecans. My fiber is high, which means my net carbs are still low. To my happy surprise, the Ketostix are still turning color.

What I want to do is delay the next cholesterol test until the new version of a low carb diet has a chance to change my LDL-C (currently 177) to something that will keep peace in my doc's office and keep peace in my mind.

Thanks for listening!
Kate