#5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-21-11, 17:01

Plan: Keto
Stats: 279/206/200 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike2work
Some people are actually saboteurs, intentionally, but not necessarily consciously. I think some people just can't stand change and some people want to control others around them.

You need to have a frank talk with her about this. I had the same problem with my mother and didn't confront it for a long time. I thought I could just will myself through the obstacles. It didn't work. Finally I talked to her about it and she stopped.

I don't live with her any longer, although I live in the same town and only live like 5 blocks away. I visit her almost daily.

She made the cookies because everyone in her house likes them as well... She also likes to send out boxes of cookies to our family. Telling her not to cook cookies would be inappropriate lol.

Its ok, I just find it amusing more than anything. It has seriously been at least 3 years since she has made my favorite cookie lol. Now that I can't eat cookies she makes more than I have ever seen her make.

I could have said no to the cookies if I wanted to, I have just been thinking about all the family events I am going to be going to for Christmas. I came to the conclusion yesterday that it was going to be easier to just eat what is served than explain to my grandmother why I don't want her food lol. After deciding I was going to eat some carbs for Christmas I arrived at my mom's house and it smelled of oatmeal-raisin cookies.

I'm not despondent or mad or anything of that nature - I am just amused at her timing.

<eats cookie>

Actually, there might be just a little bit of shame here lol.