View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Oct-12-11, 14:43
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 156.0/150.6/140.0 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

The non-dark chocolate has been calling to me this week - I blame the hormones! I did a bad thing this evening and had some chips from the fish and chip shop. I feel dazed now, but they were delicious at the time. I'll dust myself off and do better tomorrow.

It's always geing to be challenging around celebration times, like Thanksgiving or Christmas - there's just so much ritual and comfort bound up in the food it's extremely hard to stay on course. Don't beat yourself up, you'll do better next time or maybe you'll decide that a few occasions warrant falling off the wagon. It's the same with me on holiday and at Christmas - despite all my best intentions, the treats call to me. The upside to this is that by Boxing Day evening (or the end of the holiday week), I feel thoroughly sick and more than ready to get back to a normal primal-type diet!

When i'm in a generous mood, I think staying primal/low carb 80% of the time is good enough - it's good to enjoy life (and food) and falling off the wagon temporarily isn't the end of the world. You'll get back on when you're ready. When I'm not in a generous mood, I just feel bad about it and have the chocolate anyway