View Single Post
  #104   ^
Old Fri, Dec-01-17, 08:10
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Kelsey and I just signed up for next year's Richmond Monument Avenue 10K. This will be our third one. Kel's BF is joining us this time. So it's time to hit the gym again. I've got two college kids to beat next year.

The race took me 70 minutes 20 seconds to complete the in 2016. I jogged the 10K in 66 minutes 58 seconds last April. Both times I weighed in the 205 to 210 range. I really want to run this next one in under 60 minutes. I know that is asking a lot. To do it I need to get serious about staying in the keto zone and tracking food everyday. When I do that I am the master of what I eat. That is the only way that I will lose weight. I'll will need to get some more weight off of me to have any chance of doing that 10K in under an hour. The race is April 14. That gives me 4 1/2 months. It may seem like a long time, but I'm sure that date will be here before I know it.

I do better with life and this WOE when I have goals. Running a 10K in under an hour is not all that important to me in the grand scheme of things. It is more of a macho "want", not a "need." I still marvel that I can even do a 10K, considering where I've been. But I know that if I raise the bar on my 10K mark, whether I accomplish it or not, I will get back on track with my maintenance and make progress again. It is what happens between now and April 14th that really matters.