View Single Post
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-04, 06:45

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi, Sona!

I also like walking outdoors, but never have been able to get into jogging or running. I walk at 4 mph (minimum) along a very up and down country road. The trouble is, you can't walk in the winter because of the snow, and it's hard to walk in the summer in the morning because of all the bugs and in the afternoon because of the heat. Also, at least at this time of year, it's dark when I would want to walk. Not a good idea, even if I do live in Maine where there's virtually no crime.

Do you really think I need a pad under the treadmill? The room is carpeted with berber carpet, and there's a carpet pad underneath. Think I still need one?

There is a TV in the room, but I prefer working out in silence with no distractions. I find that's the only way I can concentrate on my body and on keeping proper alignment, speed, etc. I don't find it boring at all.

And yes, the treadmill has a power incline. Here's a link to all the features: http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p...rentPage=family

It's also iFit-compatible (iFit.com). It's an online service (don't know much about it yet) that you can use. You can buy VCR tapes, CDs, etc. with special programs and then connect the treadmill via cable into the TV or CD player to play the program (the program actually controls the treadmill settings!). Cool, huh? I'll have to post on the main exercise board to see if anyone has done this.

I can't wait to get it!