Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly B
Hi everyone,

Five years ago I did the SBD and was very successful with it. This time, I don't know WHAT diet I am on, I'm just trying to cut out bad carbs and I'm eating a ton of meat and cheese and heavy cream, and a little green veggies. Oh, and eggs.

The reason I don't want to do the SBD again was that I remember how I had to eat eggs, legumes (pinto beans or something), and a veggies (usually green beans or broccoli for me) for breakfast. And I was NEVER a breakfast eater. I dreaded getting up, knowing I had to eat legumes and those green beans AND legumes for breakfast. I was told we HAD to eat breakfast AND snacks inbetween meals (string cheese or an egg) and then lunch, snack, dinner and if we wanted, some small sf treat for dessert. I gagged about the breakfast. HATED eating breakfast!!

So this time, I'm NOT eating any legumes and I'm definitely NOT eating breakfast! I'm eating when I feel like I'm ready to eat and then I eat a big ribeye and maybe some cheese/broccoli soup I made, or some deviled eggs...

As I said, you don't have to eat eggs or beans/legumes. They are part of the plan but so are many other food choices. I ate tuna, steak, hummus or cottage cheese for breakfast and mostly just had a small amount of yogurt with my morning coffee.
There is a meal plan guide and food list for you to choose from. You can find them on the first page of my journal, just click on my journal button, bottom right of my post.

Quote:
Anyhow, to get on with it, I was on another forum just for SBD and a lot of the time people would STALL. And the hard core SBD'ers and long-lifers said, "Hey, post your menu and wow, we see now that you need to eat MORE!!!"

We don't know what or how much you were eating back then nor do we know how much you'd lost and where you were in your journey. So I can really speak to this at all, sorry!

I hit 2 stalls during my weight loss phase.
1st stall I had to reduce my protions to break through it. It happens at about every 40-50 lbs of loss...you just have to be eating less when you don't have as much to lose as at the start.
2nd stall was tougher for me and I really had to reduce my total calorie count down to break it. So, I knocked out all cheese and nuts for 2-3 weeks until I broke through. Added them back in but in very small quantities.

Quote:
HOW can that be?? I guess it seemed to work, I don't really remember--it was five years ago. But with the legumes in phase 1, and the allowance of milk, that is a lot more carbs than say, Atkins.

So, do you guys doing SBD think eating more when you stall really made you start losing weight again? Or was it something else going on?? I always wondered about this.

All I know is, I'm so happy to not be eating stuff like black beans and broccoli and scrambled eggs with cheese for breakfast now! Blechkk!

Did I answer your questions? or some of them?

You can review my food entries for all 800 days that I was in weight loss mode by going to page 1 of my current journal and finding the link to my first journal.
I've not regained any of my weight in 8 yrs now...simply because I still eat now the way I ate to lose it. I created my food plan to be something that I enjoyed and could live with and that is the key to all of this!