View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Dec-02-15, 10:47

Plan: Self-designed
Stats: 158/130/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

You can check out the AltShift results on their Facebook page. (It's a closed group; you have to request to join, but I see no reason why they would turn anyone away.) I haven't read the book yet, myself, but there are "real people" getting very nice results with that program -- including lots of peri- and post-menopausal women. Jason Seib is one of the few people out there who recognizes how difficult it is for some women to lose fat on the standard "out of the box" type low-carb or Paleo diets. (Including his own wife. She had struggled for years, and is now down quite a bit of weight.)

And yes, they do have a podcast, so you can hear a little bit of what the program is about. It could take some "re-programming," though -- it is a carb-cycling method, so there are days in which you follow LCHF, and days in which you consume more starch and lower fat. (Not a ton of starch, but some.)

As for Natural Hormonal Enhancement, I think it might be out of print now, which is why it's pricey. Honestly, I'd say it's worth it, but you have to do what you're comfortable with, financially.