View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-12, 03:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

You can also eat shellfish and lots of veggies. There are some recipes at the back of the Atkins book, and many induction friendly recipes on this forum.

I'd suggest ham and eggs, kippers, an omelette or a meat/cheese for breakfast, then - if you're home during the day, you could have soup or salad, plus fish and veggies for lunch, then a meat based meal in the evening - try making your own burgers by shaping 100% minced beef into rounds and frying them with plenty of fresh pepper on the top. Add onions, mushrooms and later tomatoes to fry beside the burger. Top it with a blob of butter or some cheese if you need the extra calories.

Easy soup is made by boiling a can of tomatoes and a bag of frozen veggies together with some seasoning, then whizzing it up. Add extra water if it's too thick.

Easy fish is made by opening a can of mackerel, topping it with sliced cheese and grilling it.. or open a can of sardines and fry them gently with garlic, chili, herbs and sliced tomatoes. You could also buy kippers to boil in the bag and serve with extra butter and a salad.

Dr. Atkins' book has a good salad made from boiled eggs, fried/grilled bacon and lettuce, tossed in mustardy mayonnaise.. And you can ring the changes by using cooked cauliflower instead of the lettuce.

Another food which people say is induction friendly is flax seed, which you can grind into flour in a blender. Here's a recipe for a bun, which you could eat with cream cheese, or a salad/tuna filling for lunch:

http://www.food.com/recipe/very-low...rger-bun-229625

People also make a breakfast muffin, or a "muffin in a minute" for breakfast - you can surf for various recipes.

I personally would limit the use of flax buns, muffins and similar to once each day, because changing your eating habits at this stage will make it easier to stick to the diet long-term, which is essential in order to reach your goal and maintain any weightloss. It would be too easy to swap the buns and muffins for the real thing once the novelty of the diet wears thin.

I'd also suggest that you drink lots of water, and try to cut out other drinks. Have a jug beside you all the time because water helps your body to burn the fat.

When you have time, browse over recipes online for more ideas - Gordon Ramsey's recipes are always good and fast, and there are lots of recipe blogs and low-carb sites where you'll find other ideas. I try to find recipes with lots of good reviews by people who have tried it, like the burger bun one which I posted above.

Good luck.