Old Tue, Mar-21-17, 08:48
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
In other words, "don't believe everything you think". I see it here too and in just about any food oriented forum. "I did this and then that happened. Therefore this caused that". In our n=1 experiments as well as in the more formal experiments, correlation does not equal causation. And often we are not even talking about established correlations, just coincidences or misinterpretations or misapprehensions.

Jean

Guilty. I have some embarrassingly naïve comments splattered throughout my journal. I was much more confident in my ability to figure things out early on in the process. I made several "I did this" which resulted in "that" comments that proved not to be repeatable. I have figured out plenty about myself - but not as much as I would have liked. One of the most important things that I've learned is that what works for another individual may or may not work for me. I did an n=1 with carbs for 50 years. I'm pretty confident that high carb diet in the OP story is not a solution that would work for me.