View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jul-02-18, 09:38
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

One of the reasons I think the tide is turning is I'm starting to see some new low-carb products entering the mainstream and actually being advertised as low-carb again.

For example, most burger joints have lettuce wrapped options now, and it's not just a secret menu item, but it's actually on the sign and being advertised.

I've seen some low-carb and lower-carb tv dinners pop up new at the supermarket.

More and more products are claiming to have "no added sugars".

I can actually find shirataki noodles in most grocery stores now.

I recently discovered that one of my coworkers is also going low-carb from information she learned elsewhere.

Coca-Cola is appearing to be pushing their "Zero" line of beverages as a replacement for their traditional sugary drinks. I think they see the writing on the wall that what happened to the Tobacco companies is going to happen to them, so they pre-emptively trying to head this potential future legal problem off at the pass by changing their product to be less harmful.

I see a lot more people using coconut oil and it being available in stores. Palm oil is being used in processed foods again after the trans-fat scare.

Just lots of little signs all going in the right directions.

We still can't seem to be free from low-fat dairy though. Sigh.