View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-01-18, 01:28

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Not quite yet imo. There's certainly been progress lately (think the Tim Noakes trial for example), but there are still plenty of important hurdles to overcome yet.

As I see it, probably the biggest hurdle still to overcome is the need for dietary guideline reform, particularly in the States since so many other countries borrow from there. The Nutrition Coalition's efforts in this area have been immense thus far, but there's still more to be done.

The recent Food for Thought conference in Zurich was also very interesting, in that it brought a lot of people together from all sides of the debate. That doesn't happen very often, and personally I'd like to see more of it. Get people who disagree with each other into the same room - as opposed to sniping from across the internet - and let them at it for as long as it takes.

Yes, I think things are moving in the right direction, but to say we're "winning" is perhaps just a bit premature, at least until we start to see some real policy change take effect.