#13   ^
Old Sat, Mar-19-16, 17:01

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
I'll do my best. I was talking to a neighbor about this the other day. She has run that race twice. She said that once you are out there you tend to push yourself a little harder as you are in the presence of so many other competitors. The course is a straight up and back on Monument Avenue. The first half will be slightly up hill and the last half all slightly down hill. That should help, too.

I was somewhere around 200 pounds when I last jogged. That was just before I got married. When I was running 4 to 6 miles daily I was in the 180's. I feel the extra weight I'm carrying now. It should get better as I get stronger. I just don't know if the 3 weeks I have left is enough time. What ever the case, finishing the race will happen that that is enough of an accomplishment for me. I'll always have the T-shirt.

You will do fine and you will get a lot faster. I run 5.2MPH and you'd be surprised how many skinny, fit people don't do much better than that. Your muscle memory seems to be kicking in - once you jog or run, the body never really forgets.