View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-13-17, 15:24
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

So what is your current weight? I remember reading others post about hunger being more of an issue the closer you got to your goal weight. It wasn't a problem when I had a lot to lose, but I did notice an uptick in hunger as I got closer to 200 pounds. Staying tight on the diet became harder, but I eventually reach 190 pounds and called it done. I considered myself in maintenance.

That was a little over a year ago. I've stayed low carb, but I did lighten up on my carb limits and I added back a few more whole foods that were a little higher in carbs. Lets just say that there has not been a lot of maintenance in my maintenance. I go up a few pounds, then tighten up the diet to lose what I gained. Even that is not going to plan. Weight creep set in and over my 13 months of maintenance I've managed to put 25 to 25 pounds back on. That was not the maintenance plan.

I have been struggling for quite some time now - just as you described in your post. I often eat too much of my OP food and I just can't find the consistency that I enjoyed for most of my weight loss journey. I let snacking after dinner and between meals work its way back into my diet. I can put away an entire bag of pork rinds in one sitting. Today I fell like I'm getting back on the right track, but I don't know what tomorrow will bring. I wish that I could tell you that it was X, Y, and Z - but I'm still working on the problem. Here are some of the things that I'm doing to try and right the ship on my WOE:

I joined the 90 Day good habits workshop on this thread to work on some things that I know are causing me problems. The commitment to that challenge is a help in and of itself. Here is what I chose to work on:

I lowered my carb limit back to what I did while I was losing (less than 30 net carbs).

I am trying my best not to snack after dinner.

I am tracking my food again. Ballpark guess-timates of what I was eating in carbs and calories was not working out well

and finally

I decided to move some of my OP foods into timeout for a while. Foods that I was having trouble limiting are off of my plate for a while (and some of them likely should become of-plan if I am smart enough to accept that as the truth) Most of these were foods that were higher in carbs and/or calories... things like 90% dark chocolate, peanuts & cashews, nut butter, LC protein/Atkins bars, etc. These foods became a problem in maintenance. They SHOULD be OK as a rare treat but I was treating myself to them nearly everyday. Discipline was going out the window.

I also have to admit that sweetness is a problem for me. LC sweet things promote a more, more, more desire within me. Sticking to the plan is harder when I consume them. So I am trying to cut back on sugar free sweeteners.

So, I guess what I am saying is that I understand your frustration. I am right there with you. We may not be doing this thing right anymore -- or at least not as right as we once did. BUT we are still doing it. That is a big deal. So my advice is to not beat yourself up for what you did yesterday. Keep working at it. Try your best to figure out what you need to do to succeed. We are all unique individuals with our own sets of problems. You've done great so far. Stay on it and you will find your weight loss zone again. That is my plan, too. I want to get this last 20 pounds back off again.

P.S. Start a journal here and stay active on this site. Making some LC buddies for support is a big help. I'm not sure that I'd be where I am today without the support I've received on this forum. I wish you the best if getting to where you want to go.