View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-30-15, 03:18

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

When The Wheat Belly book was published in Aug 2011, I had already been LC for a year and read Every Atkins, PP, and other LC books, and none mentioned the specific components of wheat and related grains that could stimulate appetite, cause inflammation of joints and skin rash, etc. By 2011 there were a few Paleo books develing into the problems with grains from Gliadin, Agglutinin etc but only his focussed on the grains specifically (and that was definitely the problem for me, can handle legumes) It explained WHY Atkins worked, how I could eat more healthy vegetable carbs, what other grains I had to avoid (oatmeal for sure), etc. It may seem old hat now, but Primal BP and WheatBelly were about it four years ago for general audience books suggesting the complete elimination of most grains for improved health.

Now both he and Dr Perlmutter are bringing the concept of 'feeding the microbiome and gut flora' to the general population. (I started reading Dr Perlmutter's new Brain Maker last night)