View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Dec-01-10, 17:04

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 116/110/110 Female 5"1'
BF:
Progress:
Default Radiant Recovery, continued

I want to thank everybody for continuing this discussion. I have profound gratitude for the RR program, but have been deeply saddened by the inability to dialogue on that site about anything that disagrees with Kathleen's perspective. We are not all the same, even in our sugar sensitivities and reactions to food--and each person can find tremendous healing in using multiple programs. That last sentence is absolutely heresy on the RR site: it is her way, or get off the site.

What I found the most disturbing is that Kathleen wrote me a series of negative e-mails in an effort to undermine my confidence in my own recovery when I did not agree to her version of things; she even suggested that I could not rely on my food journal to give me accurate feedback. (Though using a journal and learning how to interpret it is foundational to the program; I continue to use and trust my journal to this day). I had to ask her twice to stop sending me e-mails. Her need to control me and her resulting anger when I expressed confidence in my program was simply stunning.

If how she treats people who disagree with her is "radiance" I'll pass. I am finding healing in using the steps, my journal, and adapting the program to my body's needs without need for Kathleen's approval.

Ok, I think I can begin to let this go...

Thanks, Sunspot