View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 10:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/140/125 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default should I switch?

I too am thinking about a formal switch to Protein power. I just don't feel very healthy eating such large level of fat! I have been cutting it back to about 60% which seems to be much lower than Atkins people have been advising. I have always been a major compulsive binger, and whaen I first started Atkins, it seemed like found something I could eat and eat on and lose weight, however, I realized that cant work for me, and I need to cut calories! So, I am eating 1500-1600/day, and on average about 100 g of total fat(25% is sat.), and 100+ protein with about 20 net carbs. I dont like eating fats, especially bad fats.
I finally have gotten my binging under control (which is very exciting!) but I am very concrned about the fats in my diet due to a family history of heart disease!

So I guess my question is, is Protein power basically atkins with slightly higher carbs, less bad fat and more protein (split between meals)? That is all I have really noticed from my research! And if that is the case, and I am currently doing those things, am I actually already doing protein power?

Thanks for the advice!