View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-20-17, 19:10

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/207.8/125 Female 5’2
BF:
Progress: 16%

I also suffered from acid reflux issues and am happy to say they are gone and also because I stopped eating late at night.

I understand your stance on wanting to keep healthy and stay strong because you feel good. However, if you treat Christmas Day as a free day, will you be able to get back on plan a day later?

I relapsed last Christmas Eve after I had lost 50 lbs and going through a difficult time emotionally. I remember after 18 months of not having sugar, I just gave up and was in a store and the first thing I spotted was a box of Junior mints. I had given up and the taste of sugar is like a drug to me. One day isn’t enough and I couldn’t get back on until 11 months. Mind you I have suffered from depression but everyone is different.

I did a loosely based low carb holiday two years ago where I just didn’t have desserts but had a regular meal including carrots that had sugar in them. I just wasn’t having desserts and made my low carb version. It worked out quite well.

I guess the question is can a person have a free day and go back to their plan the very next day? I wouldn’t be able to do it personally because sugar is like a drug to me and once I get the taste of it, I’m done. Other things don’t bother me like potatoes etc.

I feel so good right now that one to me isn’t worth it going back to the sugar. If asked to have wings, yes I would but desserts with sugar is out of the question for me. It’s poisonous to my body and I feel like hell and so sluggish when I have it. I am so alert right now that I don’t want to give up that feeling.

I can get away every now and then with eating 80- 100 carbs a day and maintain my weight even after eating a hamburger bun but sugar is a place I can’t go back to where I used to binge eat. It’s a really dark place for me.