#12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-11-17, 09:23

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma Bear
I am another advocate of IF. Congratulations Ambulo! After 4 years, I would say you have found your WOE!

I recently began fasting as per Gin Stephens (author of the "The Importance of a Clean Fast" blog and the books "Delay, Don't Deny", and "Feast without Fear".)

I do a clean fast with water, black coffee and plain tea. No bone broth but I sometimes drink hot water with a pinch or 2 of Pink Himalayan salt. It helps with electrolytes and seems to prevent those painful Charlie Horse cramps. I guess the salt water would be similar to pickle juice.

I usually fast 20 or more hours and eat once a day but also sometimes go with 18:6 to accommodate meetings or luncheons. I have introduced carbs back into my meals and am keeping tabs on my results. I may do better with lowering the carbs but I am experimenting with how I manage with 100-150 grams.

IF is a lifestyle and certainly is not a fast weight loss plan but I have tried so many plans over the years that I am willing to give this a fair shot.

Momma Bear, you are so correct about this not being a fast weight loss plan but a lifestyle plan. I am also good to know that you have been doing it for 4 years. I so funny people say things like, this is not healthy, Breakfast is important meal, and so on. They have been sold a lie. I might try and up my 18/6 to a 19/5 today. I do 20-21 hrs on the weekends so it's not bad.

I read through the links from Ambulo, and I loved them. I am so happy I found them. I like this life style and will stick with it. well I have to lol. I can't wait ti see how I look and my loss 2 months from now. I just do about 35-45 carbs a day. Beats the 400 or more I was doing with out fasting. lol

Momma bear, do you have any tips? the more the better!

Clean fast is the best fasting period!!!