#425   ^
Old Sat, Aug-18-12, 12:12
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Chicken al Pesto

I whipped this up for lunch today and it was REAL good. I did it on stir-fried cabbage, but you could put it atop other things if you prefer:

Today’s lunch was a quick (under 10 minutes if using already cooked chicken), easy, and delightful surprise! It was sort of a cross between a curry and an Alfreddo dish. Very delicious! This could also be served atop cooked cauliflower, zucchini noodles, lightly stir-fried cabbage, like I did (which turned out to be a very good choice for this dish), or if you eat them, I think it would be very good on shirataki tofu noodles. This dish would be suitable for Atkins Induction or for Paleo eating. I used red palm oil to saute my chicken in, thus it gave it the distinctive yellow color you see in the pic. If you use olive oil or coconut oil, the sauce will be white.

INGREDIENTS:

8 oz. skinless chicken breast
1 T. red palm oil (or oil of your choice)
Dash crushed red pepper
2 T. pesto sauce (I make mine homemade)
½ c. coconut milk
¼-½ water (or chicken stock if you prefer)
Dash sea salt

DIRECTIONS: Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces. I actually used a baked leftover chicken breast. In a heated non-stick skillet, saute the chicken in the oil until it begins to brown and is fully done. Add the crushed red pepper and pesto sauce. Lower heat. Add the coconut milk, just enough water to achieve the thickness you like and the dash of salt. Simmer on low while you prepare the sauteed cabbage or whatever you plant to serve this on. If it gets too thick, thin with a little more water stirred in. Serve atop your vegetable or “noodle” substitute of choice.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 2 servings, each contains (not including the cabbage or base you decide to serve this on)

520 calories
40 g fat
5.1 g carbs, 2.1 g fiber, 3.0 g NET CARBS
37 g protein
543 mg sodium
445 mg potassium
46% RDA Vitamin B6, 15% B12, 10% E, 30% copper, 31% iron, 19% magnesium, 41% manganese, 113% niacin, 48% phosphorous, 11% riboflavin, 64% selenium, 9% thiamin and 20% zinc

NOTE: This sauce was soooo good on the cabbage, I'm thinking about trying it without the chicken some time as a vegetable side dish only