View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-31-07, 11:07

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/- Female -
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Calorie Restriction

I don't really understand what this is, and I would like to know more about it. Does anyone here know the basic gist of it, and please don't post a bunch of articles on monkey testing.

Is it better/worse than a diet that consists of fatty meat, eggs, goat milk, butter, and occasional fruit?

I just don't see how intentional starving leads to a longer life. What is the biological explanation for evidence that supports this claim?

Lastly, I suppose it relies heavily on supplements and vitamin pills; this isn't natural like a diet that is high in fatty meat (that contains the majority of the body's needed nutrients), so I don't really understand how popping supplements every day is convenient, enjoyable, and makes one live longer. The only supplement I take is 1 tsp cod liver oil daily in lemon-water, but I don't take vitamin pills or any other type of supplement of any kind as well as medications, and I haven't gotten sick at all in the seven months I've been eating a diet high in fatty meat, though I have gained five lbs; previously, however, I hadn't been eating enough and I had poor skin.

Anyway, if someone could clear this up for me. Please don't post any articles on monkeys.
Sponsored Links