View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jul-11-07, 20:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 215/164/158 Female 68 inches (5' 8")
BF:much/less/now :-)
Progress: 89%

This likely won't help, but when I found out I could eat fatty stuff and protein I jumped in whole hog (pun intended), despite all my years of being am ultra low fat, high carb vegetarian. Here is my only advice - you can lose on low fat, people do it all the time. I did. But 1) its not as much fun 2) its really really hard to stay with it. You can eat GREAT on this WOE. You can create nealry everything you ate before -although you'll need to watch things when you are in "intervention" or if you have a specific goal in mind i.e. you cannot eat 5000 calories and lose, but you'd get full long before that anyway.

I eat as many or more veggies on this WOE. And it did limit my fruits while I was actively trying to lose weight, but now I have the occasional peach, or melon slice, or other fruits when I want them. I eat tomatoes and carrots and onions (in moderation). No white stuff and sugar. When you are off the bad carbs for a while - go back and try a bit. They are nearly all tasteless fillers that are unessesary. The energy and healthy feeeling I have is going to keep me doing this even without the weight loss. I'd never be able to do my job and keep up with the 20 somethings without this WOE.

And yes, I'm still on PP, but not really trying to lose right now. Letting my body chill at a plateau, may try to take more off over the next 6 months, or not...we'll see)