View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/My Own
Stats: 97/83/68
BF:
Progress: 48%

That's about the only niggling doubt I have - what potential future husband might think (I'm single at the moment), but I figure it's something I'm doing for me. I'm the one who has to put up with the heavy boobs, shoulder grooves, chafing etc ... and not to mention the difficulty with buying nice bras and bathers and so on. (In fact shopping is the thing I'm looking forward to most post-surgery.)

I reckon if your husband loves you, he'll support anything you do that makes you feel more comfortable, raises your self-esteem and makes you feel more attractive. Hard pill to swallow - as I said, it's my one remaining doubt (and I'm single!!!), but it's the truth. It's a very personal decision and ultimately you're on the only one who can make it.

As soon as I can, I'll be back online and I'll tell you how I'm going and give you regular updates. All the stuff I've read points to it being the best decision a large-breasted lady can make ... I'll give you my views on that and some very frank feedback.

I've been posting on two forums so I can't remember if I posted costs to this site (and I can't see my original post at this moment). I have private health insurance which means that I'll be forking out about $2500 of my own money. If I didn't have private health I'd have to wait about 7 years for public, or spend at least $8K. That $2500 (plus the $500 I've set aside for SHOPPING) was a good chunk of my savings for my first home ... but this is important to me NOW, and I can buy a house anytime. Self-esteem comes first I reckon.

Rebecca