View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jul-31-08, 12:28
Registered Member

Plan: who knows
Stats: 337/204/180 Female 67 inches
BF:100% pure
Progress: 85%

I don't know that it is absolutely too many calories, but your choice of where those calories are coming from may be leading you to eat *more* calories than you would if you made better choices.
This is in line with Citrustkiss's spinach example.

For myself, I get hungry every day at 4 pm. With every variation of diet I've tried, this still happens, and if I don't eat I get hungrier and hungrier so that by 5 I am ravenous. Here's how this relates to you: it's shortly before dinner, I'm about to start cooking, so what I want to do is grab something easy, eat it, and get on with fixing dinner. I used to grab an ounce of nuts or an ounce of cheese, more likely nuts, and 15 minutes later I am still hungry. If I grab another quickie for 150 - 200 cals I am still hungry!

I have found that this is when I need something in the fridge that I can pull out and *heat* then eat. A single chicken wing, smothered cabbage, broccoli with a grating of cheese -- any of these solves my hunger issues better than nuts or cheese or pork rinds. And all of them are lower in calories with about the same carb content.

I have finally had to admit to myself that even though nuts and cheese (I hate pork rinds) do provide nutrition and calories, that they are in many respects low carb junk food (for me) because I have to eat a lot of calories of those foods for them to quell hunger. Many fewer calories of chicken, beef or veggies with a fat and protein kill my hunger faster and more completely.