View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 20:28
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

I took the Food History survey today. This was not the 24 hour recall. I suppose that one is still coming. This was a series of questions about the frequency I'd eaten specific foods in the past month and an estimate of how much I ate per meal. For most whole food items this works fine. I can come up with a reasonable ball-park of how much and how often I ate these items. Where it falls apart are combination foods. The breads & pasta section included pizza. I have had fathead pizza in the past month. It did not have a wheat crust, so I did not check off pizza. The meat section included hamburgers - dining out and hamburgers - home made. The assumption there was these were with a bun. I had bunless home-made burgers. There was no option on the survey for ground beef patty. What I ended up doing was picking only the foods that I know would not be interpreted differently than I prepared them. From my results it will be clear that I am LCHF. I marked lots of non-starchy veggies, strawberries, cantaloupe, cheeses and meats. No breads. No pasta. No grain. When they asked about low-fat/non-fat choices I picked the option that indicated full fat. So all-in-all they will have a decent picture of what I eat. But it was no where near perfect or complete. Hopefully the food recall survey will let me specifically state all that I eat.

I also did the medical history survey. I was able to indicate that I had diabetes, hypertension, chronic bronchitis, candida/fungus, and eczema. I was then able to indicate that I no longer have any of these. I indicated that I did take some prescription meds and that I no longer take any prescription meds. They did not ask for specific info, such as A1c scores, cholesterol results, etc. Again, it was not perfect information, but the trend of getting healthier was indicated in my responses.