Old Mon, Jul-18-16, 10:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
If you think of it as deprivation then you will feel deprived. If you think of it as a means to a healthy life it will feel like a gift.

Here's my tough love speech. Most of us become very spoiled. We think we need variety and scrumptious tastes all the time. We don't. I think of my food as medicine to keep my body healthy so that I can use my life in more productive ways than taking pills and visiting doctors. My food is easy to prepare and tasty but it is not the center of my life. I used to believe that my coffee had to have milk and sugar in it. Yuck to black. Now I drink it black and it's fine. Habits can be changed. Attitudes can be changed. We can learn to eat in ways that enhance our health if we let go of what we used to think about food and embrace a new way of thinking and eating.

End of lecture.

Jean
OMG, lecture away! You are so articulate and eloquent!

You always manage to say things that I wish I could express if I had your gift!

Your belief about the foods we are lucky to enjoy mirror my own! I never feel deprived for having found what foods works for me to keep me healthy!

I don't bemoan the foods that were keeping me morbidly obese and would probably send me to an early grave suffering from the ravaging and debilitating diseases associated with being 100+ lbs over weight and getting older...

I made a comment in my journal this morning about my incredible LC WOE; that it has become so completely ingrained in me to the point that thinking about eating anything off plan seems so totally foreign and wrong to me.

Actually, thinking about eating or even seeing off plan foods (i.e., those horribly toxic carbs) make me wanna gag at times...so to say I'm in a totally fab-tastic place in my journey is truly an understatement!

I'm gonna continue to FIGHT the Good Hard Fight and be the best I can be health-wise as I get older!

Of course I'm part of your admiration society! You're truly AMAZING!