Old Wed, Jan-13-16, 09:07
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotonpal
You've done so well Judy. Your story should serve to inspire people for it's not just about losing but turning your eating around and maintaining the loss. It requires new attitudes, new habits, and a commitment to stay with it. I wonder why so many people fail at this. For me it's been pretty easy but that doesn't seem to be true for a lot of people who show up here. I am happy to be in the same club as you. I invite others to join us.

Jean

Thank you Jean! Much appreciated!
I think that most come here for weight loss....and want it fast. That's really all they care about...how fast can I make this happen?! I think that they are the people who will have trouble maintaining. They only know how to eat to lose, not to maintain. We, you and I know, that will not work long term. You can't eat like you're on a diet for the rest of your life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esw
Yip! Indeed yay you Judy, you have done great. I find it very encouraging to read of maintainers. It's what the majority of us are aspiring to be.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by khrussva
Yay to you Judy. One year of maintenance is a big deal. You've done it for 10. That is awesome, amazing, and (unfortunately) rare. You are not an anomaly -- but you are something special. Thank you for doing what you did for yourself and then sharing your story. Thanks also for time & effort you put in on this forum helping others like me figure out how to change our lives. Many of you personal truths have hit home with me. I've learned a lot from what you have posted over the years.

I'm still a maintenance wannabe - but as you have told me before, I think I've figured it out. When I found this forum I was ready to truly "hear" the advice that you and a few other maintainers put out there for us to find. I'm not sure what it takes for the to finally go off. I have not really figured that one out about myself -- so I have no idea if it is the same or different for others. What ever he case, it is clearly difficult to change how you eat FOREVAH-- but it appears that you are will on your way. Bravo!

Thank you Ken!
You are already a long term success in that you've been adding in foods to find a way to eat for life, not just for now while you lose. Go you!!!