View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Apr-29-06, 07:07

Plan: gluten free lc
Stats: 200/130/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 175%

Which ones don't I take would be easier.
I take Endfatigue's Daily enfusion, which has a wide variety of vit, min. and other things fibros need, including Malic Acid, which I add to, and also glycine, which I also take more of. I take lots of magnesium, CoQ10, extra vit. D, and extra Vit. C. I'm sure there's more.
At night I take a mix of herbs from the health food store that promote sleepiness.
I'm under a doctor's care and he's treating the insomnia with prescription drugs. The idea is that if you don't sleep, you don't heal. This doctor specializes in CFIDS and FM and his protocol is Sleep, hormonal balance, Infection, and nutrition. He also works with the pain issue. This protocol is called Teitelbaum's protocol. Dr. Teitelbaum also has FM and has made it his specialty and trains other doctors. I'm really glad I found one in my area. You can read about it in the book From Fatigue to Fantastic.
Now, the latest findings seem to indicate that the problem with Fibros is that their hypothalamus stays suppressed after illness, or other trauma, unlike others whose hypothalamus goes back to normal afterwards. Since it's a master gland, it affects the entire body, especially the thyroid and adrenal glands which become fatigued. Another good book which can help understand and work with this problem is Adrenal Fatigue, 21st Century Stress Syndrome.
I also found a good acupuncturist which has helped with the pain issue.
I'm still looking for a good massage therapist who understands FM.