Thread: fatty meat
View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-14-16, 08:00

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

I don't like meat as much if it's been frozen and thawed. I'm also rubbish at remembering to take it out of the freezer in advance.

I tried the cooking steaks from frozen after reading it on here recently and does work!

Once cooked, most meals are fine in the fridge for another 4-5 days.
I buy some stuff, or fish, cheap with a short date and eat this first, but I also buy one or two meats with longer dates. Vaccume packed, outdoor bred, pork joints are £6 for enough to feed 4 adults from lidl, and the date is typically a week or more away.
This is the last meal of the week. But if anything gets close to its date I'll just cook it, fridge it and eat it in another day or two. If you've room in your fridge, this should get you 10 days from purchase with fridge only. I tend to freeze food once cooked, so maybe this would do another few days? I go every week or so, other things start running low and i like to have lots of lchf food to tempt me, like smoked salmon!

I buy most of our food from lidl. We eat like kings for £35-40 week/person. That's one morning's wages - incredibly cheap (unsustainably cheap!)

Do you have a local butcher? If I buy meat from them, maybe chicken, sausages and mince, he will give me sheets of fatty pork skin and marrow bones for free!
If you ask them, your butcher may be happy to leave more fat on some cuts for you - may need to preorder them. Try to go in at a time when they are quiet - they are often very pleased to discuss cuts, preferences, etc,.