#13   ^
Old Thu, Aug-23-12, 10:40

Plan: south beach
Stats: 342/342/250 Male 5'10"
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyvet
personally i don't find shakes, either homemade or premade, to hold my hunger the way a meal with protein and veggies does. just a caution if you start to struggle staying on plan with your food and you rely on very many shakes. long term success imo whether it's south beach or atkins or weight watchers (or anything) is moving toward eating "real" whole foods, not shakes or bars or processed or fast food. jmo.

I completely understand and agree. The shakes were less "need to not be hungry" and more "Dear god I need chocolate!!!" type thing. Me and the girlfriend were real big carb junkies who love chocolate and sweets... it shows, we are both over 300lbs. So the first two weeks of this is going to be the hardest, would have been easier if we could have fruit cause we love fruit as well but its a no-no. So I am scouring for things that are low carb and allowable to sort of ease the pain of just stopping cold turkey on the carbs and sweets... I guess you could say like a smoker trying to quit, I am looking for a patch! lol