View Single Post
  #34   ^
Old Sun, Jul-05-15, 05:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Zinc piqued my interest, but the first thing found is how hard it is to test reliably. Claims that each method doesn't tell the true story, so how would you know if you had a deficiency? After possibly over supplementing with VitC and finding out later that can impact blood sugar, I am leary of picking any nutrient and deciding that one would help BG levels.

Iceberg, "you can lead a horse to water, etc, etc. " Her "rules " posted on the previous page are the simplest LC guidelines I have ever seen, but he would have to change eating habits. You can totally clean out your house of foods not on plan, but can't follow him to the coffee shop. Often it takes a health crisis first for someone to be serious about diet. There are more talks you can find on the diabetes forum by other doctors, maybe another might appeal? http://youtu.be/FcLoaVNQ3rc
Or if you like Dr Hallberg's TEDTalk, her one hour class for patients from Oct 2014 adds more detail. Happy to direct you to whatever type of information will help you, but he has to be ready to hear it