View Single Post
  #88   ^
Old Tue, Sep-23-03, 09:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 205/?/160 Female 66 inches
BF:Who knows?!
Progress: 53%

Well, I woke up this morning and ended up going back to bed in tears.. frustrated and ready to give up... but then I came here... and of course, I'm back on track and know I can do this now...

My moment? Well, I'd been on Atkins before as prescribed my my reproductive endocrinologist (I couldn't conceive a much wanted baby)... he told me the his insulin in my body was causing my ovaries to swell... (I actually saw them on a u/s). I SO wanted another baby... so we did Atkins.. I lost 26lbs. I was happy.. and then I conceived. The obgyn I saw said it wasn't right to do low-carb while pg.. so I ate.. and as soon as I added back the breads and pastas, I started craving.. and the cravings took over.
After having my little blessing, I realised I was back to the SAME weight I was when I STARTED Atkins the first time... I just got SO depressed. I tried it half-heartedly last winter... didn't get anywhere... just more frustrated.
Then this summer.. well, I never once went in a pool...not once. I sat on the deck and watched everyone else get cool and splash and have fun... and I realised I was missing out on life... I wasn't getting to play with my kids (that I did so much fertility work to get in the first place), I wasn't happy. SO... I decided on August 25th that I was starting again. That was it....

With the exception of this morning, I have been feeling really good with it... and I've lost 15 lbs so far. I need to lose 10 more to make my goal for Thanksgiving (canadian)... and for the first time in my life, that seems plausible.

Incidentally, when I lost the weight the first time I got down to 181 when I found out I was pregnant... so.. in 10 more pounds I will be the lightest I've been in 12 years... I can't imagine how that will feel!

Blessings and thank you to everyone for sharing.. it put me back on track today.. THANK YOU!