View Single Post
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Wow, well I guess I had some reasons after all.

1. Feeling tired, run down and all that horrible stuff. Not having energy to play with the kids.

2. I was growing out of my size 16's and refusing to buy 18's. I was also growing out of my DD bras and had no clue (and didn't want to find out) what size comes after DD.

3. I was running into people here and there that I had not seen in a while which made me conscious of my weight (i.e. they had never seen me that fat and I'm sure they commented to someone about it after we parted!)

4. It seems like everyone I work with is young and skinny. It makes you more conscious of yourself having that in your face all day. I can't turn back the clock but I can turn back the scale.

5. Being just a few pounds shy of 200. Also, seeing my weight plotted on a weight chart and realizing I had moved into the "obese" category.

6. My oldest daughter asking me every few months with this excited twinkle in her eye "are you growing another baby in there?!?!"

7. Not wanting to shop at the "fat store" anymore because yes, the clothes are UGLY!