View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Dec-28-17, 14:59

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I don't want to jump to the conclusion that they're wrong though, either.

One thing the study doesn't really look at is time spent on the animal's feet. If you look at another area where standing vs. not standing definitely makes a difference, in lean mass, the actual amount of time that needs to be spent weight-loaded vs. not to increase lean mass/prevent loss is fairly short.

The mice were loaded with 15 percent of their bodyweight. One thing here, weight loading isn't much of a thing with mice. For me 15 percent is like 24 pounds, it's a rare day where I wouldn't be loaded at some point with a lot more weight than that. Even if this applies to both mice and humans, a lot of us might already be bearing enough weight on a regular basis that any benefit to be had by weight bearing has already been had.

If you look at the vibrating platform study I posted

Quote:
Using male C57BL/6J mice, the ability of LMMS (0.2g, 90-Hz signal applied for 15 min/d, 5 d/wk)

These mice were also used for the added weight study, and it only took 15 minutes of stimulus a day, cute little weighted vests for short periods of time daily might have been just as effective as the permanently implanted weight pellets.