#6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:10

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 169/154/150
BF:
Progress: 79%
Default Sniffles

Good Morning:

In TSP Dianna Schwarzbein writes two or three paragraphs about how sugar and how it affects the gylcemic index inturn affects our bronchial tubes.
As a concession to my husband joining me in this WOE, on Saturday's I make a pot of real (decaf) coffee. During the week we have a cup of decaf tea because its faster and I'm tied to a bus schedule. He mentioned that he'd like to try a bit of sugar in his coffee on Saturday mornings instead of Stevia. So to placate him I put in two cubes of raw sugar. Before TSP he'd have three cubes in his coffee, now he finds two too sweet. Within a half hour he was sneezing, his nose was congested and he had the sniffles so bad he had to take an Allegra to combat the allergic reaction. The first time this happened we didn't clue in but after ingesting sugar three or four times on different occasions, it became obvious that sugar was triggering his allergies. He is now a devout Stevia fan. Whether AS triggers allergies, I don't know because I/we won't use them or have them in the house. Even when I/we were trying to loose weight on our low-fat diet, neither of us drank diet pop or pop of any kind. Hope this helps.