View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 07:42

Plan: TSP
Stats: 147/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:?/?/?
Progress: 54%

I live in a large city with a lot of hf stores and the groceries are very competitve with one another so I easily can find different brands. If you live where that is not true it could be limiting I imagine or spend a fortune on sh & handling charges.

I have grown to love Stevia, at first I had similar reactions that you did and found some to be bitter, but then it became my norm. I think brands make a difference also. 'Sweet Leaf' being my favorite (I also found with all a light touch is best)I find their 'Stevia plus' better to cook with --but-- not very strong in the sweetening dept. I found the 'NOW'brand less satisfactory.

My favorite is 'Sweet Leaf's'stevia extract(not liquid) that lists ingredients as ; "100% pure stevia leaf extract standardized to a minimum of 90% Steviosides,including 40% Rebaudioside A"--I don't know what all that means but it tastes good !(probably refers to quality and purity) online they are www.wisdomherbs.com I buy the .9oz jar for $8.+ and it lasts me about 6 months.

I would say if you do not like what you bought, take it back for a refund.

I have never had headaches because of it, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't affect you differently. Your headache could be from feeling you wasted good $s.

I have read in articles on stevia that using it helps to curb sugar cravings as part of the nature of the herb. Of course proper diet does also as we on this bd. know--but it can take time and persistance--I know it has for me.