View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-17, 06:15
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

The absolute, most critical thing for me is to not take ONE BITE. Refuse to believe the lie that you'll "just" have one little teensy weensy egg. Fill yourself up on your allowed foods, treat yourself to something you might not normally, like that cheesecake. Something like that motivates me because I would have spent money and time on the cheesecake, and cheating on crappy chocolate would throw that effort right out the window, in my mind. I'd be mad at myself for sure.

It helps if you buy only (or mostly) chocolate for the kids that you don't care for. (Yeah, too late this year, I know. ) I got my SO a little chocolate rooster and it contains wheat flour. My gluten reaction is bad enough that stuff like this is 100% off my radar. Absolute NO.

Don't buy too much. They have your genes and don't need it any more than you do. My parents always got little presents to put in our Easter baskets.

Another thing that helps me to avoid cheating on stuff that SO bought, is to really elevate it to "his" status. He says he wouldn't be mad at me if I ate his chips (or whatever,) but I might be annoyed if he ate my last (LC whatever) that I made for myself and I was looking forward to it. I know they're just kids, but once you've given it to your kids, it's theirs. Taking it back would be mean.

Good luck.