View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Feb-18-05, 13:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 389/312/250 Male 6'3"
BF:guess
Progress: 55%
Default fasting

Kinda weird about not drinking diet pop or coffee/tea.

I killed Low Carb last week and gained 5 pounds. I started induction this past Monday but also excluded diet pop and nixed the advantage bars. I drank hot tea with cream/splenda and also unsweetened (home brewed) iced tea just with ice. As of this morning, I lost the 5 I gained and 2 more. I imagine just by eating eggs/meat with very few condiments you could lose greatly.

I usually have mayo/mustard with burgers and cheese/veggies with my scrambled eggs. However, just cooking eggs in a little butter/oil will lower overall calories as would skipping the mayo. If you use this logic, you could consume 500+ calories less per day. In addition, the the protein/fat of the meat and eggs would satiate your appetite immensely so you wouldn't crave much else. I had an omelette / bacon last night for dinner and I wasn't hungry until this morning.

This sounds so logical that come Monday, I will give it a shot. I know there is no special reason to wait until then but I always find it easier to start a routine at the beginning of my work week. It allows me to plan things out better and I always follow it better.

good luck.