View Single Post
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Aug-29-03, 07:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Hi!

Sorry I have to keep it short because the kids are getting unruly . . . but here are my (quick) observations. Assuming you are doing "real" Atkins: If your goal weight is 135 you should be eating 10-12 times your goal weight in cals each day. That's 1350-1620 cals. Your ratio of foods should be 65-70% fats, 5% carbs and 25-30% protein. Your cals are WAAYYYY too low, fat is low and protein in high, after subtracting fiber your carbs seem okay. I had the opposite problem recently, my fats and cals were way too high, protein low and carbs were right on track. I was slipping out of ketosis and my loss was slowing. This week, I just started paying attention to what I SHOULD be eating and my ketosis has returned and I've already lost 3 lbs this week. Before I THOUGHT I was doing what I should because I was remaining under 20 carbs. I'm so glad I started paying attention to the other stuff and realize now that it makes all the difference in the world.

I also agree with cutting out the snacks and eating more "pure" foods like the veggies and grilled meats. You can't really "sort of" do Atkins. Like others have said, you are either doing it or you are not. If you are not on the mark, you very well could be doing something that is not going to help but rather hurt you. You should pick a plan whether it be Atkins or something else and stick with that.

It sounds like your hectic lifestyle lately has taken it's toll as well. Take supplements and yes, it would be a good idea visit your doctor to make sure nothing else is wrong.

I wish the best of luck to you-- YOU CAN DO THIS!!! About Fitday-- on the home page there is a button that says "make my journal public." Click that and it will give you a link. You should be able to copy paste that in your signature. On your signature page type in MY FITDAY JOURNAL or something to that effect in the text box. Then highlight it and click the symbol at the top of the signature text box that looks like a globe with an infinity symbol on the bottom of it. A box will pop up that asks what you want your link to be called (that's where you put MY FITDAY JOURNAL) and hit OK. Then it will ask you for the link and that's where you paste the link that you got from the Fitday home page. Hope that made sense. Had to go fast-- the juvenile natives are getting restless!