View Single Post
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Mar-29-16, 09:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/143/130 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 81%

It's also a shame that more education isn't being done about hidden sugars. I mean, most diabetics know that a candy bar is taboo, but look at a can of Boston Baked Beans. You are getting about as much sugar as a King-Sized Twix bar. Look at yogurt, or so-called healthy cereal bars or cereal for that fact. I fear that many sabotage themselves by eating what they believe to be healthy. Of course, here, I am preaching to the choir. It's just sad.

I went to Target the other day and looked around at the other shoppers; not in a judging way, but just in a curious way. I never noticed it before but out of 25 shoppers or so, I only saw one person who might have had a healthy BMI. I can remember when being overweight was the exception, now it seems as though it is the norm. Of course I am included in that overweight crowd, so again, not judging, but I was one of those who believed I was eating well with yogurt, Belvita bars for breakfast and legumes... It wasn't until I read "Just Ride" by Grant Peterson that I realized how much sugar I was eating even while bypassing candy and cakes.