#15   ^
Old Wed, Sep-26-01, 03:03
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Body for Life.

Body for Life is a "life-changing" program that was developed by an American bodybuilder named Bill Phillips. It poses a 12 week challenge which you can enter via his supplement company EAS. The most recent round started monday 24th (and i entered). It's basically an exercise and diet program (surprise!) but there's a fair bit of amateur psychology in the book about getting motivated and goal setting etc.

His workouts are HIIT (High impact interval training) and you alternate cardio days (only 20 mins but intense) with either upper or lower body weights plus abs. I done one of each workout and they're pretty good - i am a bit stiff and sore. For each body part you do repeated exercises until the intensity of exercise reaches "10". They're also fairly tighty timed and pretty hard work. The cardio again builds up to a "10" in the 19th minute and i have to say (amazing for a fat slob) that it was FUN! and i enjoyed it (better than long slow aerobics). You're advised to exercise early a.m. on an empty stomach so i'm getting up at 5.30am. You get 1 day off a week.

The diet however i'm not really doing in full. It's really a high protein, mod carbs, lowish fat diet with adoption of "fist-sized portions" and general healthy eating. They advise 6 meals a day and a radical increase in protein by using one of their own (of course) proetin powder drinks. Atkins is working for me so i'm stickig with it for now, but i have increased to 30g carbs and am having a protein drink post workout. Also lots of info on supplements (a lot of which i'm already taking like vits, calcium and EFAs) and things like glutamine and creatine.

Anyhow the book is the best source but here are some links:

www.bodyforlife.com (the original)
www.leanandstrong.com (about the best board)
www.bodychangers.com (success stories).

There's a lot about it on the net if you look.

Hope this helps

Jon