#8   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 23:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 229/205/170 Female 5'6"
BF:I have Body Fat!??
Progress: 41%

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulm
There are too many gaps between species and lack of transitional species to link one form to another.

Now see, I completely agree with this--there's more science against that type of evolution than for it (and I'm not a brainiac, just different things interest me).

However, there is much to ask about the various groups of people and how they've adapted over time to the diets they eat. I can think of example upon example where world-wide different groups of people are healthy and none of these groups eats identical type food. The one thing they do have in common is that they remain healthy as long as they eat the type of diet to which they're accustomed. And as I said earlier much of it has to do with 'survival of the fittist' where people with problems often time died out before they could reproduce.

Quote:
Most scientists think humans are weaker today then in the past because so many of the weaker ones historically would have died from infections, childhood diseases and in childbirth are able to survive now because of medical intervention.

If they aren't yet, they will be. When I was a child I had every childhood disease there was and came through them fine, and why? Because my parents passed down natural immunities to me. In the early days of white folks in Hawaii, almost the entire island population was wiped out by a case of measles. Again, why? Because none of these people had any natural immunity to the disease. Say we go several generations down the road and childhood illnesses are wiped out to the point no one any longer needs vaccinations and for whatever weird reason measles sprung up again, how many people would die from it?

On the one hand, no one wants to lose a loved one to a disease or birth defect. But on the other hand, each person who survives that disease or has surgery to correct a birth defect and passes on the genes makes the human race weaker. It's hard to win in any case.