Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 19:33
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBear
Anyone who assumes I am not stating most emphatically that the all meat diet is the healthiest way a human can nourish the body has obviously got some sort of mental block going (i.e.: "... not arguing the healthfulness of a carnivorous diet..."). To this I say: Pay better attention. The term 'unnatural' is meaningless with regard to diet which is cultural, and therefore whatever is taught to be considered as food is perfectly 'natural' to humans- we ARE our culture. If it was not unhealthy this forum would not exist.

You really should make sure you understand what a person is saying before you go and belittling them for a lack of reading comprehension (and then, ironically, tell them to pay attention).

I was explaining to hellistile that your position is more anti than it is pro. You are not here to tell us that eating animal meat and fat - veggies optional - is one of many healthy ways to live. If this were your message (pro your way of life) I don't think this thread would be almost 50 pages of arguments. You are here to tell us that eating animal meat and fat is the only healthy way to live; you are telling us veggies are harmful and not better than many other harmful substances.

Quote:
Superstitious religions are also taught to the very young, so the illogic of religion is buried so deeply that science training- which conflicts with every 'faith'- has little or no effect. It is even true that there are some fine scientists who can actually proclaim themselves to be "Christians" without blushing- even though it is totally anomalous. So, do not play down or underestimate the enormous power of acculturation to override logic and intelligence.

While possessing faith itself is not logical and scientific, the existence of faith in a person does not necessarily make that person illogical and unscientific. This is because your faith system can exist along side a respect for what you see and know. As long as a faith system (christianity for example) does not conflict with observed facts and logical reality (science), there is nothing illogical or unscientific about a christian scientist.

If anyone here is behaving illogically and irrationally it is you. You speak of logic and science and fact but so far your proof comes down to this:

I say I'm really intelligent. I say I've been eating this way a long time. I say I'm healthy.
Therefore all of my statements are automatically correct and do not require substantiation. Everyone who disagrees with me is illogical.

Correct me if I am wrong, but it is not logical to form an argument with "because I said so" as the exclusive piece of evidence. Yet this is what you have done fron the inception of this thread. You are using your self-proclaimed intelligence, age, length of dieting and health as the sole piece of evidence to flesh out your statements and make them at all substantial.
Even if we assume you are correct in your perceptions of yourself (or, alternately, not lying)... this has nothing to do with the logical validity of your claims.
One would need to possess a certain faith in you for your claims to mean anything at all simply because you say them.

... Having established this, wouldn't it be correct to say you are expecting people to have faith in you to substantiate your claims? Wouldn't it be correct to say your entire argument is not rational by extension?
How ironic, considering how you claim it is a fundamental lack of logic (intelligence and/or acculturation) that leads others to not agree with you.

The only way you can even claim to be arguing logically is if we assume you are afflicted with a massively inflated ego, to the point where you are no longer capable of accurately perceiving reality (i.e. you cannot understand you are not supreme, unique or divinely special, so you cannot understand your statements are not fact simply because you say they are). Even though your argument would still be invalid, at least it would explain why you could not see this.

So the question I have for you bear is this. Are you just committing a simple logical error, or, are you just a tremendous narcissist?