View Single Post
  #687   ^
Old Wed, Mar-15-06, 14:04
Dog is my copilot

Plan: paleo/lowcarb
Stats: 210/162/145 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 74%

thebear, you may have been on a VLC diet for longer than most of us (I think Duparc has been VLC quite a long time as well, where are you Duparc?) but you may not realize that prior to your entrance on this forum, a number of us had already discovered much the same for ourselves.

To be blunt - you have a tendency to engage in ad-hominem attacks against those who disagree with you (for example, accusing people of poor reading comprehension), but perhaps if you take the time to read what others have to say on the Paleo forum, you will see that while there are exceptions here and there, the general tone here is one of respect. IMO the controversy is due to your writing style, because as far as your diet goes, I think you are mostly preaching to the choir.

Another thing - to state that because you have been on VLC a long time and are healthy is a data point, but no more significant than those of us who adopted VLC decades later in life after incurring much more metabolic damage than you did - as you started quite young - yet many of us have been able to reverse much of the damage within a relatively short time.

PaleoAnth - please don't leave. I for one appreciate the knowledge - well supported by links to research - that you bring to this forum, not to mention your ability to return courtesy for rudeness. Anyone who has bothered to read your posts around the forums would realize that vegetarian or not, you are one of the most objective and rational posters around here.

Wyv