#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-29-09, 06:58
Registered Member

Plan: Dillard Diet
Stats: 227/150/140 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 89%
Default Breakfast Hi-Protein Mocha Shake

I created this recipe a couple of weeks ago to spice up my usual protein shake. It's nothing special or complicated, but it's yummy, and has about 3894732 different variations you can try

Ingredients/ materials:

2 scoops of your favorite chocolate low-carb protein shake (I use Low Carb Isopure in Dutch Chocolate, or the Vitamin Shoppe brand Low-Carb Shake in Chocolate)

1 cup of black coffee or decaf, slightly cooled (instant or brewed coffee, whatever you like.)

8-10 ice cubes

cinnamon, to taste (I use a lot! To get the health benefits, and because I love the flavor)

blender

Procedure:

Throw the ice and coffee in a blender and blend until crushed. Add one scoop of the protein shake and the cinnamon and blend until combined. Then add the second scoop and blend until smooth. (I find this makes less of a mess than combining everything at once, but you can do that, too )

Enjoy!

You might want to add more water/ coffee/ or ice, depending on how thick you like your shake. I was feeling crazy today and added a bit of chocolate agave syrup to my shake. If you like more sweetness, you can add your favorite sweetener to the coffee before throwing it in, but I find that the sweetness of the protein shake is usually enough.
Sponsored Links