View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-05, 04:21
Champagne Paulie

Plan: My Fitness Pal
Stats: 156.2/123.8/120 Female 5 ft 4 ins
BF:Got some, thanks
Progress: 90%

The hospital rang me at 9.30am this morning. They have looked at my scans and decided that I do not have to go in for treatment on Friday. they didn't exactly say that I wasn't suitable, just that the doctor wanted to review my file and discuss it with some others In the meantime, I can resume my T4 (Thyroxine) and they will get back to me in " a few weeks for further discussion" Talk about being left up in the air and not knowing what's happening. This has left me with more questions than answers.

I know I have a bit of thyroid tissue left and that what I have is quite rare and not always suitable for radioactive iodine treatment but they haven't actually ruled it out! I am waiting for my GP to call me back and see if she can find out what's happening at the hospital or offer any suggestions. she has had thyroid cancer herself, so she knows quite a bit about how they do things. I don't really want to be waiting for weeks on end wondering what they are going to do. I feel like I'm back at square one!

I'll be back later when I've had a chance to run things through in my mind a bit.

Hugs