#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-21-01, 14:16

Plan: CAD
Stats: 240/230/190
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default New to low carbing!

Hi gals.....
Just thought i would add my story of battling with PCOS too. I can't help but feel so much better after hearing everyone else's problems are so much like mine.
I found this site after humming and hawing over if i should start low carbing...i belong to the Soulcysters site for PCOS and so many women are seeing such success that i just had to try it for myself
I have been doing CAD now for one week and have lost 4 pounds and feel so good.
As for PCOS....
I was diagnosed in March 2001 after about 10 years of trying to figure out what was going on with my body. Doctor after doctor told me oh no worries just stay on BCP you will get your period and everything will be fine.....fast forward 10 years to when hubby and i are wanting babies.....ARGH. SO needless to say after finding out that there was more to it than that and finding an awesome knowledgeable doctor...woo hoo i now can put a name to something that bothered me for so long.
I started Metformin right away at 500 mg a day and was moved up to 750mg...i take 3 halves a day with meals.....i got my very own AF after only 2 weeks...this was a big deal...after not having one for quite some time..With the Met i lost about 15 pounds and now my cycles are quite regular although a bit longer than a "normal" person...roughly 35-40 days but regular so oh well hey.
I decided to do the low carb thing after hearing about all the success of others and i read the CAD and Atkins books, chose to do CAD and everything in it made sense to me totally...put a lot in perspective for me for sure...
So one week later i am down 4 pounds and have an incredibly great feeling now, energy i haven't had in a long long time and well just a good outlook on things..
I am not finding it very hard to follow at all considering the benefits certainly outweigh the little wants of carbs i may find myself thinking about.
I hope to get to know you all who battle this disease with me...it is so encouraging to talk to people who truly understand all we gals go through. Take care!
Sponsored Links