Old Tue, Dec-30-03, 00:10
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
Eve...I take it you're not using any type of basal (long acting) insulin in your current regime?

Dina...when you got that 132 what was your fasting before breakfast and how many grams of fiber were in the tortilla? It was also a fairly low fat breakfast, so the carbs you ate would hit your system faster.

Lisa:
my FBG was 110. this LC tortilla has a total of 11 g carbs and 8 grams fiber per whole thing, making 3 g of active carbs per serving, and i ate half of it. this will make about 1.5 g of carbs +about 1 g in egg beaters. very low carb breakfast, and still BG spiked very high. on the contrary, i can have FBG sometimes much higher, around TOM, like 135. then i'd have BF with 2-3 bran-a-crisp crackers, some PB and greek lc yougurt. and my 1h BG will be around 90-100. it's a mistery for me but too low carbs and high protein/fat food makes mt BG worse. it's hard to find a source of protein, which doesn't contain naturally fat. besides may be egg whites.
Thanks,
dina

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dietary Fiber 8g 32%